Opentheso is a multilingual and multi-hierarchical thesaurus manager. Is is conform with ISO 25964-1:2011 and ISO 25964-2:2012 (Information and documentation. Thesauri and interoperability with other vocabularies). It is distributed as an opensource under the CeCILL_C license, a free license compatible with the GNU GPL.
Created in 2005 at the request of the Federation and Resources on Antiquity (GDS Frantiq) for the management of the Pactols thesaurus, it is now positioned as a generic tool proposed in the service grid of the TGIR Huma-Num.
It is being developed under the direction of Miled Rousset, head of the Semantic Web and Thesauri (WST) technology platform at the Maison de l’Orient et de la Méditerranée (MOM) ans informatic director of GDS Frantiq.
Its development is financially supported by GDS Frantiq, the Maison de l’Orient et de la Méditerranée and the Masa consortium of the TGIR Huma-Num.
Its main features are :
- Advanced management of terms and branches
- Drag and Drop
- Collaborative management with 4 authentication levels (SuperAdmin, Admin, Manager and Contributor)
- Interoperability: automatic generation of Handle and ARK identifiers. This service is based on the MOM’s Arkéo project.
- Collection management
- Providing a complete REST WebService
- Customizable alignment module that allows semi-automatic alignment to external thesauri
- Module for managing candidate terms
- Interconnection module with Aïoli, ArcheoGrid, Drupal, Koha, Métopes, Nuxeo, OntoME, Omeka S, OpenArchaeo, Telemeta and WordPress.
- Import : SKOS, Turtle, JsonLDExport : SKOS, Turtle, JsonLD, CSV et PDF
- Export : SKOS, Turtle, JsonLD, CSV et PDF
To follow Opentheso news, ask questions, for troubleshooting or assistance, subscribe to the discussion list: https://listes.huma-num.fr/wws/info/humanum-opentheso